Join Katie Pasquini Masopust as she combines her love of art and Log Cabin quilts in this creative class! First, she will guide you as you select an inspiration photo or painting. These Log Cabin designs can be made in square, diagonal, or wonky formats, giving a distinctive look to your project. Gathering the fabrics can be so much fun, and adding specialty fabrics is a great way to add some shimmer and shine. Cutting strips and doing simple, straight-line stitching moves along quickly, so in no time at all, this quilt top will be constructed and ready to quilt! Katie shows lots of quilts done in this approach, which provides ideas and additional inspiration. All the while, learn about composition and color value from one of the finest instructors in the industry. This is a wonderfully enjoyable class for beginners or experienced quilters alike.
Check items to add to cart or select all LIST PDF
Checkboxes indicate items available for purchase from shop.americanquilter.com
- Painting or photograph. It can be a landscape, flower, or anything that inspires you.
- Long eighths (9" x LOF*) in the full values of the colors found in the inspiration piece, the more choices the better. When you feel you have a lot of fabric, add some more! You will welcome having lots of fabric choices when you begin the project.
- Completed project: No larger than 24" x 36"
- Piecing and quilting thread
Basic Sewing Supplies:
- Rotary cutter, mat, and ruler
- Sewing machine
- Ironing surface
- Storage boxes to hold fabric strips
- Tracing paper
- Sharpie® fine point permanent marker
- Copy paper (8½" x 11")
- Picture frame mat (8" x 10")
- Scotch® tape
- Access to a copy shop OR if enlarging by hand
- White butcher paper
- Proportional scale
- Protractor (optional)
*LOF = length of fabric (longer than 22")
What kind of sewing skills will I need?If you can sew a straight stitch, you can be successful in this class. Really! So jump in and get started. We want to see the art you are creating, so make certain to post your finished quilt.
Will I be able to use my own photograph?Certainly! Once you have chosen a photograph, you are ready to make this fun project. The process moves along quickly, and before long, you’ll have an artful Log Cabin.
What if I have questions?We recommend that you watch the class in its entirety and become familiar with any downloadable materials. At that point, if something is unclear, go to the tab that allows you to ask a question and Katie will get back with you.
When can I start the class?We know you are excited to get started. After you have purchased the class, you can enjoy it anywhere and anytime you have the Internet. The class belongs to you, so watch it as many times as you like!