Change the way you think of appliqué with this new approach by Linda M. Poole. Rather than using individual fabric pieces for appliqué, Linda shows how to use one piece of fabric and paints to achieve beautiful, artistic, appliquéd quilts. Use the original downloadable pattern to practice along with Linda, then apply this method to any quilt. Painted appliqué is fun, easy, and makes your quilts sing. Linda also shows her pattern quilted in various ways and with a variety of embellishments and extra-special finishing touches. Even if you have never painted before or feel you are not an artist, you will be creating lovely painted appliqué quilts of your own in no time with Linda’s encouraging and thorough instruction.
- Painted Appliqué: A New Approach by Linda M. Poole
- eBook Painted Appliqué: A New Approach by Linda M. Poole
- Color by Design
- eBook Color by Design
- Prepared for Dyeing (PFD) fabric ½ yd.
- Background fabric (Finished size is 11" x 17", so add at least two or more inches on each side.)
- Machine quilting thread
- Monofilament thread
- Free-motion foot
- Open-toe appliqué foot
Stabilizers and Adhesives:
- Fabric Shield fabric protector
- Krylon ® Workable Fixatif
- Water-soluble glue stick
- Water-soluble stabilizer (such as Floriani)
- Sulky spray baste
Drawing and Painting:
- Derwent Inktense® pencils
- Derwent Inktense® blocks
- Pentel® Gel Roller, IDenti-Pen®, Nano-Liner™, or Sharpie® fine line marker
- Lead pencil (#2)
- Textile paintbrushes (soft and acrylic)
- Americana, Delta Ceramcoat®, or Liquitex® textile medium
- Freezer paper
- Iron (no steam needed)
- Light box or window
- Scissors for fabric
- Scissors for paper
- Sturdy toothpicks
- Unscented baby wipes
- Ironing Surface
- Gems for embellishment
- Glitter paint
- Electric Quilt® 8 quilt design software (EQ8)
- Inktense Ink Blocks
- Inktense Ink Pencils
Will I have to make the project look just like hers?No, and one of the most interesting parts of this class is seeing the many ways this project can be completed. Linda provides many samples and examples of pieces done various ways…using the same pattern. So, when you complete yours, be sure to share it with us so we can enjoy it, too!
What if I am not very artistic and haven’t really painted before?No worries! Linda will guide you every step of the way! She is an excellent instructor. With the pattern she provides and her enthusiastic and encouraging style, you may discover that your personal artistry was waiting to emerge at just this moment.
What if I have questions?We recommend that you watch the class in its entirety and become familiar with the downloadable materials. At that point, if something is unclear, go to the tab that allows you to ask a question and Linda will get back with you.
When can I start the class?We know you are excited to get started. After you have purchased the class, you can enjoy it anywhere and anytime you have Internet. The class belongs to you, so watch it as many times as you like!