Each quilt block is thoroughly explained and features a wide range of techniques. Kathy McNeil’s tips on selecting fabric, various appliqué methods, and fabric painting will make each block a joyful adventure.
Unsure if you’re going to be able to duplicate Kathy’s process? Never fear–with the purchase of this class you will receive the free owl block to practice the skills you learned. Take the time to master the craft so at the end of the day, whether you want to make the entire quilt or just a few blocks, you’ll be able to create it with ease.
With the purchase of this class, you will receive the free owl block. Note: Your purchased pattern will include a complete supply list and pattern pieces to use in this online class.
- Audubon’s Christmas pattern set by Kathy McNeil. See pattern for complete supply list.
- ePattern Audubon's Christmas Pattern Set of All 7 Patterns
- ePattern Audubon Christmas Blue Jay Block Pattern
- ePattern Audubon Christmas Chickadee Block Pattern
- ePattern Audubon Christmas Bluebird Block Pattern
- ePattern Audubon Christmas Goldfinch Block Pattern
- ePattern Audubon Christmas Quail Block Pattern
- ePattern Audubon Christmas Cardinal Block Pattern
Fabric for Owl Block:
- Background: 12½" x 16½"
- Fence: 12" x 12" wood grain
- Snow: Scraps of white, preferably frosted or satin
- Reeds: 14" x 12" greens or golds, or a combination of both
- Owls: Multiple scraps of light beige and brown prints in a variety of darkening values
- 3 yd. pkg. Pearl Essence White on White Glistening Fabricfor quilt background
- White cotton embroidery floss
- To use this block as a wallhanging by itself, add a border, backing, and binding of your choosing. You will need approximately:
- Border (1" finished): ⅛ yd. Cut 2 strips 1" wide.
- Backing: ⅝ yd.
- Binding (¼" single fold): ⅛ yd. Cut 2 strips 1" wide.
- Spray sizing
- Micro point black permanent marker
- Transparent overlay
- Small amount of batting for fence posts
- Fabric paint
- Ironing Surface
- Electric Quilt® 8 quilt design software (EQ8)
- Inktense Ink Blocks
- Inktense Ink Pencils
What if I want to make the complete quilt?The Audubon’s Christmas pattern set is available at a reduced price of $49.95 when purchasing this class. Whether you make just the owls or the complete quilt, do us the favor of sharing your piece with us by posting it on this website!
What can I make in this class?With the purchase of this class, you will receive the owl pattern. With Kathy’s instruction, you can make these adorable creatures.
What if I have questions?We recommend that you watch the class in its entirety and become familiar with the downloadable materials. At that point, if something is unclear, go to the tab that allows you to ask a question and Kathy will get back with you.
When can I start the class?We know you are excited to get started. After you have purchased the class, you can enjoy it anywhere and anytime you have the Internet. The class belongs to you, so watch it as many times as you like!