One downloadable quilt design gets quilted in two different approaches in this amazing class by Judi Madsen. The traditional approach includes feathers that are full of flow and design. The modern approach utilizes straight-line designs filled with fabulous details. Drawing the design is the first step, then marking the quilt so it is ready for free-motion quilting. Judi demonstrates exactly where and how to begin, walking through each step of the quilting. Learn how to make not-so-ordinary feathers, loops, double loops, a circle in a circle, swirls, pebbles, and other fills to enhance your quilts. Create one traditionally quilted piece and then one with a distinctively modern edge…all in one class!
- Quilting Wide Open Spaces by Judi Madsen
- eBook Quilting Wide Open Spaces by Judi Madsen
- Secondary Designs with Judi Madsen
- eBook Secondary Designs with Judi Madsen
- (Note: Amounts of fabrics will need to be doubled to make a quilt top for both traditional and modern quilting.) Requirements are based on 40" usable width of fabric.
- 1 yd white solid fabric
- Solid color fabric - 4 different colors, ¼ yd. each
- Backing fabric: ⅞ yd.
- Binding fabric: ¼ yd.
- Batting: 28" x 28"
- Curved scissors or thread snips
- Longarm straight ruler
- Marking pen (Judi prefers to use purple disappearing ink.)
- Towa Tension Gauge
- Serendipity Pattern
- Ironing Surface
- Electric Quilt® 8 quilt design software (EQ8)
What will I like about this class?Judi has a signature look to her quilting that is eye-catching, geometric, and unique. While most classes show either modern or traditional, Judi does both equally well—like no one else!
Do I need a special sewing machine?Judi uses a longarm machine in the class, but if you wanted to take the same design principles and apply them to this class on your domestic machine, it is possible.
What if I have questions?We recommend that you watch the class in its entirety to become familiar with the course materials. At that point, if something is unclear, go to the tab that allows you to ask a question and Judi will get back with you.
When can I start the class?We know you are excited to get started. After you have purchased the class, you can enjoy it anywhere and anytime you have Internet. The class belongs to you, so watch it as many times as you like!