Imagine making quilts where every beautiful block is different just by making a simple cut. This technique works with hexagons, stars, diamonds, octagons, and triangles, so the possibilities for creativity are endless. The kaleidoscope effect produces quilts that look intricate but are deceptively easy to cut and piece. Bethany S. Reynolds has long been known for her amazing Stack-n-Whack® techniques. Now, work alongside her to create your own Emerging Stars quilt. In this original design created just for iquilt, combine 60° diamond stars with hexagons to complete a beautiful work of art. Not sure if you’re ready for all of that? Then learn the technique by making Zippy Strippy, a bonus hexagon pattern that is great for beginners. In either case, you’ll never look at fabric repeats the same way again. Join the Stack-n-Whack fun! For your convenience, this class can be purchased for online viewing or purchased on DVD.
Check items to add to cart or select all LIST PDF
Checkboxes indicate items available for purchase from shop.americanquilter.com
- #7772 - Stack-n-Whackipedia
Fabric: (View Lesson 2 before selecting.)
- If the design repeat of Main Fabric A is 7"—10" you will need 5½ yd.
- If the design repeat of Main Fabric A is 11"—14" you will need 5⅛ yd.
- If the design repeat of Main Fabric A is 15"—17" you will need 6¼ yd.
- If the design repeat of Main Fabric A is 18"—27" you will need 4⅞ yd.
- If the design repeat of Main Fabric A is over 27" you will need 6 repeats
Additional Fabrics: (View Lesson 4 before selecting.)
- Accent Fabric B (triangle tips on hexagon blocks, triangles in outer ring of star blocks, setting triangles, and border) 4 yd.
- Accent Fabric C (triangles inside star blocks): 1½ yd.
- Accent Fabric D (diamonds in outer ring of star blocks): 2¼ yd.
- Backing (piece crosswise): 5½ yd.
- Binding (cut 2½" strips crosswise): ¾ yd.
- Neutral 50 wt. cotton
- ¼" foot or all-purpose foot
- #10261 - 60 mm or 45 mm rotary cutter with new blade
- #12083 - 17" x 23" or larger cutting mat
- Flower head pins
- #11874 - Iron
- #12136 - Ironing Surface
- Spray sizing or starch
- MicroStitch® tacking tool